Saturday, February 18, 2017

Elements 3: Fire



In your eyes I see shadows of flames that burned too brightly once
In your heart I see scars from clutching the flame too close to your breast
In your tears I taste ashes of dreams consumed by experience and loss
In your kiss I feel the heat that still lives and does not let you rest
Locked away now, safely contained: but, like you, Fire persists, Fire survives, Fire endures.

Some shadows last longer than the light that first cast them
Sometimes the light outlasts the candle’s flickering flame
Your old scars have lasted long after the wounds have healed
I only hope you will always smile when you hear my name
A smile as bright as the sun: for, like you, Fire persists, Fire survives, Fire endures.

The world can be an ugly place, more often than not, perhaps
Still there are moments beautiful enough to allow you to forget
I know sometimes you wonder if you even have strength enough left to breathe
I only want you to let me always be the place where you find rest
Warm and cozy by my hearth: because, like you, Fire persists, Fire survives, Fire endures.

Fire consumes, Fire produces, Fire transforms.
You should not fight it, with fire or anything else.
Embrace it,
     use it,
          or avoid it,
               as you will.
But fighting is pointless, you cannot win.
For, like you, Fire persists, Fire survives, Fire endures.

No comments:

Post a Comment