Moon Shine and Lemon Twists



Click here to get my first full length poetry collection in real world ink on paper.....

or here to get it for your Kindle.

A collection of poems in a variety of styles, exploring a variety of subjects. If you're here, you know what I do.


Monday, October 9, 2017

New Reality



At first we lived two lives apart,
But all the while we dreamed.
I dreamed of you, you dreamed of me
But we were still asleep.
Then in the morn when we awoke
I found you here with me,
For as we slept we brought to life
This new reality.
The sweat of love, a salty tear,
The deepness of the sea,
A whispered name, a sheltered heart,
A new reality.

We rise and fall, we circle low,
We rise and fall again.
And when we land on solid ground
We face the setting sun.
Tomorrow calls, “Come, follow me”
“Forever”, we reply
And Yesterday we leave behind
For our new reality.
The sweat of love, a salty tear,
The deepness of the sea,
A whispered name, a sheltered heart,
A new reality.

A kiss so deep, a love so strong,
So holy, so divine.
I press my face into your hair,
I claim you now, you’re mine,
And I am yours, my green-eyed queen,
As the river is the sea’s,
As the stars belong in the sky,
As you belong by me.
The sweat of love, a salty tear,
The deepness of the sea,
A whispered name, a sheltered heart,
A new reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment